Sunday 19 August 2012

Light Tent using ikea products

Went ikea Tampines today and saw this storage box that looks perfect as a replacement for a light tent.
Being a bit lazy, find it troublesome to do all the cutting and pasting of box, white bristol boards, fabrics etc (not to mention not sure where to get the bristol boards and fabrics).

List of purchase to make this work:
- 2 storage box for S$29 (though I just need 1, it comes in a bundle so have to buy 2);
- Worklight @ $14.95 (doesn't come with any bulbs)
- 11W cool daylight Philip bulb @ $5.95 Bought another 24W bulb @ $10 as the 11W one wasn't bright enough. (The light bulbs at ikea all seems to be yellowish so I got this from the Giant across the road)
- Drawing paper to act as backdrop (FOC as I stunt these from my wife)

The results are quite reasonable (I'm not too picky).
Might have purchased the box a size too big though as it still seems a bit dark for some of the pictures taken.
Anyways, now we can take some good pictures even at night!

The first picture below is the set up (pardon my untidy work desk) and the rest are some pictures my wife took using the light tent (starring RG RX-78-2, RG Char Zaku & RG Zaku Johnny Ridden Scheme, DX SD Unicorn)
Cheers!















No comments:

Post a Comment