Sunday 19 August 2012

DX Hobby SD Gundam Unicorn

Bought this kit for fun and to try something different (I already have the SD Unicorn by Bandai).
This kit was suppose to be able to switch between the Unicorn mode & the Destroyer mode.
On building the kit, realized that it ain't that easy switching between the 2 modes.

Cast quality is reasonable but the fitting is quite bad...
The left leg of my kit doesn't stay on and will fall off if I move it by just a little bit.
Adding to the problem is the ultra-small parts that tends to fall apart when I move something.
Took me more than 15 MINUTES to convert from unicorn to destroyer to take the pictures below.
Other things just keep falling apart when I move any part...
Quite frustrated so didn't take much photos...

Was planning (past tense!) to paint this but decided not to do so anymore post the snapfit.
As you would observe in the pictures, I started with the weapons which are painted.
Probably suitable for someone who likes the challenge of handling flimsy small parts (not me though so it's going back to storage)...







No comments:

Post a Comment