Friday 10 August 2012

WIP update 1: 1/100 MG Shin Musha Gundam - Painted to Black, White & Gold Scheme

Link to WIP update 1
Link to WIP update 2
Link to WIP update 3
Link to WIP update 4
Link to WIP update 5
Link to Completed Kit

I have 2 sets of this same kit of which one is the premium Shin Musha Gundam Sengoku no Jin.
The older kit was one of my first few gundam models so the finishing is horrendous.
I used wire cutters back then so the nub marks are quite bad (some have holes on them for cutting too deep!).

Decide to do a revamp of this kit since I'm picking up spray painting and other useful gunpla skills.

Almost like doing a new kit.
Had to dis-assemble & do some significant work on the nubs (file, sand, putty etc).

Some photos of pre-clean up with lots of nubs to fix- pardon the poor quality as I took this pictures (instead of my wife). These 2 pictures alone should give you an idea of how bad it was...







Dismantled and ready for sanding etc

Simple lineart of roughly how I would like it to end up.


Started with painting a few parts using Tamiya Gold.
Results are quite nice, definitely better than the plastic gold of the original kit.
Parts on the left are painted, those on the right are the original colors.

Will be getting the inner frame done up next.
Plan to focus on getting more finer details done for this re-work.

No comments:

Post a Comment