Saturday 11 August 2012

WIP update 2: 1/100 MG Shin Musha Gundam - Painted to Black, White & Gold Scheme

Link to WIP update 1
Link to WIP update 2
Link to WIP update 3
Link to WIP update 4
Link to WIP update 5
Link to Completed Kit

An update on the inner frame.
Used Tamiya Gun Metal for the overall spray.
Mix of Gundam Markers + Anchor Chrome for hand painted touch ups.
From the results of the inner frame work, one thing I do need to improve on is to get a more even coloring done.
For example, the left arm is definitely darker than the right, need to find some ways to make my spraying more consistent (hard as it may be for using spray cans).

Wanted to get a look with more depth so panel washed using Tamiya Panel Line Accent Color Black.
Have to say it's one of the great stuff I learned recently.
With my unsteady hands, getting panel line details done using Gundam Markers had been just manageable.
Now it's a matter of looking for strategic spots to use the enamel paint and do clean ups after it dries.
Have to sacrificed quite a number of cotton buds though.

Pardon me for the unsightly cutting mat in the pictures.
An accident occurred this morning while I was about to do the hand painting.
Decanted Anchor Chrome and keep in glass container yesterday evening to be used. (I like the color)
Was quite happy that I managed to do it relatively smoothly.
Probably wasn't thorough enough in doing my homework, I shouldn't have capped the bottle immediately on getting the paint decanted.
The pressure build-up overnight so it's not surprising when I tried to open the bottle, it sprayed all over my desk, shirt, hands, floor, everywhere!
Just like a pressurized soft drinks, must be a retribution from my jokes played on friends when I was much younger.
Amazingly though, the part that I was going to paint escaped unharmed (probably sheltered by my left hand).
Took me a long time to clean up the mess but some evidence still stayed on the cutting mat.


Inner Frame Assembled



"AH TA!" flying kick pose


Details done for the feet:
- Gundam Marker Red & Black for the "hot" look
- Anchor Chrome for the silver part

Took a few different shots for the legs.
Done quite a fair bit of work on them so need to show them.
- Gundam Marker Gold + Anchor Chrome for the movable hydraulics
- Anchor Chrome for the bolts part & non-movable hydraulics

Side view:

Front view

Back view

No comments:

Post a Comment